(This was supposed to be yesterday’s post, but the damn scheduler stuffed up again.)
(I was doing some testing this morning on this process, so I figured I might as well document it.)
My expected flow was this:
- Publish new post on Celtics Down Under – site readers see the post
- Twitter automatically tweets about new post (via site) – Celtics Down Under Twitter followers see the update
- I manually retweet the tweet using my personal account – my Twitter followers see the update
- Facebook page automatically publishes link to new post (via Twitter) – Facebook page fans see the update
- I manually share the post via the Facebook page – My friends and subscribers see the update, notice the Facebook page as well.
The process is a little convoluted, but I figured that was how I was going to broadcast my updates.
I had expected the last step (aka my Facebook share) to display the “via Celtics Down Under” link, which would increase exposure to the Celtics Down Under page, and hopefully encourage a few clicks to the page.
What actually happened, was that it became a generic “via Twitter” share instead. Not a link to the Twitter account, just a backlink to Twitte That wasn’t really what I wanted, which sucked.
I had to do a double post, basically reposting the same post manually on the Facebook page, and then sharing that update via my personal Facebook account. This is a bit clunky, but it’s what I’ll have to do for now.