A wee bit of progress! Things to do look like this at the moment, updated portions bolded:
- Date: 15 May 2011, Sunday.
- Venue booking: It will be at the Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG) in Tecoma Pavilion. Finally got the tax receipt woohoo, thanks to Elka from Blakes Feast for the booking.
- Celebrant: We are looking at John Byrne right now, and will meet up with him mid-October to follow up.
- Sequence of events: A sketchy idea of how I want things to go has been written down, pending further changes of course.
- Equipment setup: Met up with Peter from The Wedding Zone in August, who are one of the preferred suppliers for RBG. Not confirmed yet, but quotation obtained. We will have to think a bit more on the exact setup (chairs, accessories blah blah) when the date draws closer.
- Wedding rings: This took several trips to the jeweller and quite a few days of online research (trivia: did you know the engagement ring is to be worn together with the wedding ring for the female?) but I think we will have this fixed pretty soon – V is not entirely convinced about my decision yet. Pictures to be posted when the rings have been picked up.
- Wedding gown: V says she’ll handle it on her own, as I’m not supposed to see the gown until the day itself. (Cool, less one item to think about!)
- Guest list: Have confirmed most of the overseas guests, and will invite the ones in Melbourne at a later date – plenty of time for this. Many thanks to the friends who have so promptly confirmed their attendance at this point of time, makes my planning a lot easier!
- Photographer: I’m very lucky to be getting an old schoolmate Michael (aka TX) for my actual day photography. Not thinking of pre-wed stuff at this point.
arranging air tickets for a few friends and family. Gotten one quotation, probably will look for another to see if I can get a better price.Emirates appears to be a good deal now at $791, SQ is $963. Have mass emailed friends to keep an eye out for prices.
- Accommodation: placed deposit on Katz Apartments for a few friends and family, flat out BROKE now!
- Invitations: To be done later.
- Videographer: To be done later.
- Makeup artist: To be done later.
- Car hire: To be done later.
More updates to come in a second post.