*If you are here for a birthday present idea – get a birthday card.
Birthday card = instant gold star. I like birthday cards, especially lengthy handwritten ones. Stashing them away for re-reading over the years reminds me of the ones who always remember. Birthday card beats dinner treat and giving me cash.
A text would be great, and a phone call is way, way cool. Company is awesome. It’s the thought and effort that counts.
The ridiculous (aka not to be taken seriously) list
– Mobile trailer home outfitted to be self-sustainable, which is impossible with current technology.
– A treehouse: this is just a boyhood dream which hasn’t vanished yet.
– A home with home theatre, pool, jacuzzi, home gym, game room and an indoor basketball court.
– Facial hair transplant: I’ve always wanted a full beard, even though it sounds like a PITA to maintain. Hopefully this starts moving in 2018!
Lasik to get rid of them glasses? Nah.
– Watching a concert by the Bee Gees. A lifetime regret that can never be realised now that Maurice and Robin are gone, may they rest in peace.
– Watching Michael Jordan in action in an NBA game. I started working ten years too late dammit.
– Watching 林志炫 live.
Here’s the whole nine yards for random present inspiration.
- Maybe a custom jersey with my name and number 14.
- Et cetera:
- Tickets for a Boston Celtics playoffs home game!
- Boston Celtics memorabilia, posters (especially ones autographed by Rondo or Ray)
- Michael Jordan (Chicago Bulls era) memorabilia (autographed ones would cost a bomb I bet!)
- Order of the Stick (aka OOTS): No Cure for the Paladin Blues
- Order of the Stick (aka OOTS): Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales
- Order of the Stick (aka OOTS): War and XPs
- Order of the Stick (aka OOTS): Don’t Split the Party
- Wheel of Time: A Memory of Light trilogy (small paperback): The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight and A Memory of Light. (RIP RJ.)
Random missing books from The Three Investigators. (Childish I know.)Stuff it.
- Let the People Have Him, Chiam See Tong: The Early Years
- Neither Civil Nor Servant : The Philip Yeo Story
- From the Outside: My Journey Through Life and the Game I Love
- Replay by Ken Grimwood
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August: The word-of-mouth bestseller you won’t want to miss
- Driven From Within: Michael Jordan
- The Soul of Basketball: The Epic Showdown Between LeBron, Kobe, Doc, and Dirk That Saved the NBA
- Basketball – A Love Story
Sony Playstation 3, when I’ve the time to play. (And Dynasty Warriors 6!)Bought the 40GB PS3 with HDMI cable, extra controller, Dynasty Warriors 6, Devil May Cry 4, Assassin’s Creed and Ninja Gaiden Sigma all in one night in 2008. Slurps. Dragon Age: OriginsBought at eBay in Jul 2010 God of War 3Bought at Harvey Norman in Nov 2010 White Knight Chronicles – Almost time to get it, prices very low now!Nevermind. Heavy RainNevermind. Transformers: War for CybertronOn second thoughts, not that appealing. Edge of TwilightDoesn’t sound that interesting now. Quantum TheoryNah. The Last Remnant– PS3 release appears to have been canned, sucks. Red Dead Redemption – reviews look good!Bought in 2011, and currently collecting dust. Dragon Age II– doesn’t look that good. Uncharted 3: Drake’s DeceptionBought at EBGames in Nov 2011. Awesome stuff. Assassin’s Creed: RevelationsBought at EBGames in Nov 2011. Not as good as AC:B. Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimBought at Harvey Norman in Mar 2012. Engrossing stuff. CAN’T BELIEVE I’M STILL PLAYING IT IN 2017. FUCK! Assassin’s Creed 3: Poor reviews. The Last of Us: Finally nabbed it for thirty bucks at Play-Asia, Dec 2013. Brilliant stuff. Sony PS4– V bought this as a birthday/Christmas present in Dec 2013, saved me a ton of holding out for the price to drop! Star Wars 1313: Screw this, it was cancelled by Disney? Dynasty Warriors 8: Bought it off eBay for $30, great steal. inFamous: Second Son: Bought at EB with store credit on launch day. Watch Dogs: Nup. Looks crap.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
The Order: 1886Bought somewhere in 2015. Short play, good game (review)
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Witcher 3: Wild HuntStan bought this as a birthday present in 2017 Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor: Off the charts good. This is what Assassin’s Creed should’ve been like. Uncharted 4Borrowed it from David
- Skyrim Legendary Edition (because I’m missing the DLCs)
- Final Fantasy XV
- XCOM 2
- Arkham series (all of it): I need to play them at some point
- Persona 5
- Yakuza 0
- Harizon Zero
- NieR: Automata
Random tech stuff
- Transformers Takara Masterpiece Collection MP-04 Optimus Prime Convoy with 1:24 Scale Trailer – a must have for every old school Prime fan.
- Boogie Board for bathroom shower thoughts
- Photo printer? Canon Selphy? Kodak whateveritis? HP Sprocket?
- Dual LCD monitor arm
- Hypervolt by Hyperice
Timbuk2 Especial Medio Cycling Pack Aer Travel Pack for travel
- More Esprit T-shirts, those sold in Singapore. Australia’s fit doesn’t suit.
- Asha’man tee shirt, just what every WoT fan needs!
- Pop culture T-shirts: Back To The Future (Goldie Wilson), Star Wars (Moisture Farmer Union) (Rebel Alliance logo) (Retro), Dune, Harry Potter, Transformers (Roll out), Dragonball Z, Breaking Bad (I am the one who lifts), How I Met Your Mother
- Merino wool T-shirts
Merino wool hoodie, lightweight for travel
Revoltech No 036 Macross movie edition Strike Valkyrie VF-1SBought in 2008.
- Chogokin DX Macross Frontier YF-29 Valkyrie Durandal (30th Anniversary Color) – looking so damn awesome.
Jay Chou’s 我很忙 figurinecourtesy of ZM for my birthday in 2008. Thanks dude ;p MP3 of Anthony & Valentino Bao (小松小柏) – 想你的爱Found a decent (64kbps bitrate = decent) audio stream on 29 Sep 2010, the quest is finally over!
- Tickets to a 五月天 (Mayday) concert in Taiwan. Or anywhere for that matter. (Singapore, 2006/2008/2017/2018 and Melbourne, 2009/2010/2012/2018.)
- Tickets to a 周杰伦 (Jay Chou) concert. (Singapore, 2008).
- Tickets to a 张学友 (Jacky Cheung) concert. (Melbourne, 2007/2011/2018).
- Tickets to Jersey Boys performances. (Watched the original Australia cast twice in 2009 and once in 2010 after the original Tommy DeVito aka Scott Johnson got replaced. Also caught the Broadway version in New York, 2013.)
- Painting of Leonid Afremov’s City By The Lake
- Caspar Friedrich (Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog)
- Stainless steel chainmail scrubber